We often search for serenity just to escape from the routine of monotonous life. Try to put me into a serene scene, that's when I find myself in a city like Newport, Rhode Island. Neither hustle and bustle nor a sleepy town, but a lively town where you will find yourself alive. Being a beach city, on the contrary there is a sense of serenity and calmness that strings together. A little more than an hour's drive from Boston and a little more than 3 hours from NYC it is my favorite escape when I want to unwind. In spite of being a beach town, Newport is quite unique from what you would expect from a typical beach town.
What to see
1. Breakers and the neighborhood - Wander around the beguiling Breakers and the neighborhood. Greenery and exquisite architectural amuse. A seamless blend of luxury and natural beauty.
2. Cliff walk - Pristine and Pretty traces of Daffodils in Spring a picture perfect 3.5-mile walk to remember with the view gorgeous coastline and right behind the mansions.
3. Ocean drive - A drive with beautiful mansions
4. International Tennis Hall of Fame - Whether you are tennis buff or not, you wouldn't regret visiting and knowing the tennis hall of fame.
5. Beavertail Light House - Gorgeous ocean and a even gorgeous sunset, hit a quite peaceful town the Jamestown a few minutes from Newport.