I love to travel, and I love to travel even more after having kids. Though sometimes traveling with kids is not an easy task as you have to consider so many things like their health, safety, security and many more. Yet going with tiny tinnies make my traveling horizon boarder and sometimes enjoy the destination with their perspective adds a new meaning to my life.
- Get them ready... After you decide the destination, let kids know so that they have a hint of the place. More they hear about it, the more they can imagine. My kids are in elementary school, my older one makes his list of what to see. When we decided to go to Washington DC last month, he wanted to visit Space and science museum. As he knew a few things earlier he was really excited to see them in real. You can also educate them about the little culture of the destination or what food they are going expect. That makes them excited about the destination.
- Make them Feel as part of the plan... Let them carry their own bags, it will not only make feel them responsible but also important. Choosing and packing clothes, hats sunglasses and taking care of their little things gives them immense please for their upcoming trip.
- Make them feel at home... I always pack my kid's favorite toys or stuffy, games, bedtime books that make them relax and feel at ease at a new place.
- A playtime... Even though my kids love traveling kids are kids, they often get bored in between. I always make sure to plan some time for their activities. Give a little time to play like going to the swimming pool at the hotel. Also, stopping by for a snack or ice cream social can instantly boost their mood.
- Comfort... I can't stretch enough, how essential it is to make them wear comfortable shoes. No matter what, most traveling requires walking, and comfortable shoes make it more fun along with packing the right clothes for the weather of the destination.