When the two beautiful pieces of fabric arrived from Fabricurate, a plethora of emotions hit me. As much as I was awed by the design and texture of the fabric, it brought me a bit back home to India, which I have not visited for more than a year now because of the pandemic.
What is Fabcurate?
Fabcurate is an e-commerce company born in Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India. It caters to a one-stop fabric destination with an array of fabrics. If you want to choose a chic contemporary fabric for a special occasion, you can go with organza, chinnon chiffon, georgette, jacquard, or keeping up the tab with age-old tradition with kalamkari, Ikkat, Ajrakh to Indian block print in organic cotton linen upada to many more. Fabric for day to dinner or dawn to dusk.
How Fabcurate work?
- You need to select a design from Fabcurate . The best part is you can curate your own design.
- Next, you need to select the fabric of your choice.
- And, Place your order. There is no minimum order required.
- They provide stitching services if needed.
- They ship internationally and they charge for the shipping. (In my experience the shipping very fast).
What I received from Fabcurate?
If you follow my blog, you know my affination towards my roots and the age-old traditions. As I mentioned earlier, how I felt when receiving the two beautiful fabrics.
Block Print - Honestly it was an enormous task to choose from mermaid of fabrics. What to choose and what not to. I finally chose the off-white fabric with floral print in grey and powder blue. It's subtle understated and elegant. Not just the look but it feels so good on the skin, comfortable, and wearable all day long. Great for daytime. I wrapped it like a saree.
Silk Ikkat - The other fabric I chose is totally opposite from the first one. Ikkat defines the Indian age-old weaving technique. Little thicker than the block print which is ideal for any formal occasion especially evening where you want to wear something glittery and glamorous. Since I chose the fabric with the evening in my mind, I chose darker color maroon with tiny silver checkers on it, and a hint of turquoise, orange, and off-white.
How to use Fabcurate Fabric?
In today's time and period everyone whats to stand out when it comes to fashion and lifestyle. Sometimes, you like the print, not the color but sometimes the color is cool and the design is not so. Here comes Fabcurate without breaking your arm and legs and provides a plethora of options where you can choose everything on your own be it the cloth or the print or the color.
- The easiest and fastest way to use the fabric is to elegantly embrace it like a saree.
- You can design your own tunic, kurta, Pallazo skirt, or even blouse.
- Great fabric enhances your lifestyle, you can use the fabric for a cushion cover, curtains, or even upholstery.
- Sometimes it's a sheer pleasure to twinning and coordinating with your loved ones. I often twin with my daughter. Sibling twinning is a great idea or father-son, Husband-wife you just name it.