Being sick and lying in the bed is no fun. But imagining about good things especially memories is a solace while if you're sick. One of these beautiful memories transports me to my recent trip to Spain and it's most unique and iconic dishes.
1. Paella: Most iconic and celebrated Spanish rice-based dish originated in Valencia and typically seafood based. If you don't prefer seafood you can choose chicken paella or if you are a vegetarian, it has the option for vegetarian too. There is almost no Spanish restaurant who does not offer paella.
2. Patatas Bravas: An ubiquitous tapas in Spain. Fried potatoes almost taste like french fried topped with tomato sauce and vary from region to region. Enticing of course.
3. Churros: Every nook and corner proudly present Spain's most delicious delight. Decadent fried sugary dough topped with chocolate...Ah heaven!
4. Pimientos de Padron: Tantalize your taste bud. Don't get overwhelmed as it is fried chilies and topped with sea salt. It is not as spicy as it sounds. Succulent.
5. Pan tumaca: Spanish bread topped with fresh tomato sauce, garlic and olive oil. Light crispy outside and soft inside. A treat for your taste bud.