Hello everyone, a big hello from Assam my homeland. After moving to the United States, this is the 1st time I have visited Assam in the summer. Honestly, it’s unbearably hot and humid. Thankfully, we get showers in between and that makes things a bit better. Yes, we live closest to the state where the height rainfall is recorded. Rain makes everything fresh and new, the earth, trees, and flowers and even the hearts. Well, want to make it short and sweet and give you guys a visual delight of the flora and fauna of Assam in summer. Enjoy 💕. Part 1 here
Sunday, June 23, 2019
Saturday, June 15, 2019
I have always been intrigued by saree, actually even before I have started wearing it. The six-yard literally spells magic upon me. I collected saree even before starting to wear it.
Summer in India is blazing and need to wear something light and feathery feel against the skin to be breathable. Indian cotton is not only known for its durability, comfort, and purity but also for the works on it, especially hand-painted ones. You know it's varied and versatile, every region in Indian has its own special paint - ajrakh, bandhani,kalamkari, block print, Madhubani to name a few. But, I don't know why I have never owned any cotton saree.
Well, I am not a purist when it comes to wearing saree. I team my saree with crop tops, shirts, and whatnot. This one is clubbed with a white crop top, silver jewelry, a pink mojri (flat Indian ethnic shoes). I am sure you might have guessed this is the latest cotton saree addition to my wardrobe. How cool is this bicycle print on it? Do let me know your thoughts.
Saturday, June 8, 2019
East has always inspired the west when it comes to fashion. Indian intricate design and enthralling patterns were always adorned by the west. Eastern fashion has merged with the west this decade more than any other in the past, thanks to globalization and some of the major designer collaborations. Pioneer names like Sabyasachi for Pottery barn and Christian Louboutin, Prabal Gurung for Jcrew and Target, Pankaj and Nidhi for Anthropology. I was born in India and living in the USA for a couple of decades, my fashion has always switched and swiped between Indian verses western and mixed and matched with each other.
This time for my daughter's recital, I wore this Apricot peach dress and teamed up with my already owned Indian designer accessories. I am sure, if you have read my blog, you obviously have spotted those accessories. I already wore a few times. That says how much these accessories are versatile. The peach-pink maxi dress is very basic and I wanted it to look edgy and wanted to add a bit of drama. So, added a Sabyasachi clutch and Suhani Pittie Earrings. Don't forget to spot the Kada, I wore it for the first time. Hair and make up is basic in jiffy mommy friendly. Have a great weekend everyone.
Saturday, June 1, 2019
1. Comfortable shoes - First and foremost good shoes can change the entire traveling game. When it comes to traveling, I always choose a kind of shoes that are easy to wear and easy to remove. We all know the airport security procedures, if the shoes are not comfortable, it will take more time and could not only be annoying for you but for others as well.
2. A right bag - A good sized bag that can hold a few things and a bag with a zipper, so it can be closed entirely otherwise there are chances that you might lose a few things while getting it on and off the airplane cabin.
3. Packing early - Starting to pack early can not only save the headache of forgetting stuff but also help with remembering things you might not remember at the last minute.
4. Pack according to the weather of the destination - It 's important to pack according to the season but it is also important to check the weather at the destination. I remember in peak summer in San Francisco, I was shivering and regretting not to have packed weather appropriate clothes.
5. A multi-country charger adapter - Not one charger can work in every country. Important to carry a multi-country charger.
6. Easy on accessories - Avoid large jewelry pieces, it might tangle or break.
7. Always hydrate - Don't forget to drink a lot of water in the flight, it will prevent you from dehydrating.